Formagination at Realscreen West
Realscreen is delighted to be working in partnership with Armoza Formats to present the 11th edition of FORMAGINATION, taking place in June during Realscreen West 2023.
For 11 years, FORMAGINATION has served as a unique format competition and a launching pad for international creativity with previous entries going on to become hit international format brands. Whether you are a professional content creator working in the media industry or an individual from any walk of life with a great idea for a TV show - the competition is open for ANYONE with a format idea!
Three prizes will be awarded at the live presentation of FORMAGINATION at Realscreen West, as follows:
- 1st place winner: up to $25,000 US, which shall be awarded in TWO STAGES ($5,000 for further development of the format, and up to $20,000 (which may be invested by Armoza in further development of the idea for format), as well as one (1) registration to REALSCREEN SUMMIT 2024, which takes place January 28-31, 2024 in New Orleans.
- 2nd place winner: one (1) registration to REALSCREEN SUMMIT 2024, and one (1) registration to REALSCREEN WEST 2024 (LOCATION TBD).
- Audience favorite: one (1) registration to REALSCREEN SUMMIT 2024.
The prizing above does not include travel and lodging expenses. Full prize details can be downloaded and reviewed within the competition rules and regulations.
The formats eligible for the competition should include the following criteria:
- Genre: Non-Scripted Format - (no scripted formats or children's programming will be accepted, cross genre elements are possible)
- ‘Game-Changing’ Concepts – fresh and creative ideas that create a buzz and stand out, no matter the genre or the type of show it is.
- Unique Format Elements – what are the distinct elements that make up the DNA of your concept? Make sure to highlight what sets it apart from other formats—whether it’s the studio, mechanics, set, gameplay, or visual elements.
- Repeatability and Adaptability – a truly successful format can sustain multiple seasons across different countries.
The process works as follows:
- After submissions close, Semi-finalists will be shortlisted and invited to a video conference with Armoza Formats to present their format.
- From this process, finalists will be selected to have their format workshopped with the Armoza Formats development team in the weeks leading up to Realscreen West
- This all culminates in the live presentation, which all finalists must attend, of their concept at Realscreen West during a special session on Wednesday, June 7, 2023.
Finalists invited to present at Realscreen West will be provided one (1) complimentary registration to the event to help facilitate their participation.
The deadline for entries is Wednesday, February 15, 2023 at 5pm ET.