Code of conduct
At Realscreen Live, Brunico is seeking to provide content and opportunities for attendees to connect and establish relationships that help them to navigate their industry, develop partnerships and grow their business. We strive to create a friendly, safe, respectful and welcoming environment for all, regardless of race, color, ancestry, creed (religion), place of origin, ethnic origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status, disability, or receipt of public assistance. We welcome and encourage diversity and do not tolerate harassment, discrimination, or abusive or threatening behavior of any kind.
The Code of Conduct calls for all participants to be treated with dignity and respect. This includes paid attendees and guests, partners, sponsors, volunteers and staff, vendors and media. By contributing to and/or attending this event, you agree to abide by our Code of Conduct.
Violations of this Code of Conduct will not be tolerated. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. While Brunico will take all reasonable and practical measures to investigate, we retain the right, at our sole discretion, to expel disrespectful participants from the event and/or future events without warning or refund, and, if appropriate, solicit the involvement of local law enforcement.
Please notify a staff member at the venue or contact email@example.com if you believe that you’ve observed or experienced a violation of this Code of Conduct.
For emergencies, immediately dial 911.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- You will behave in a way as to create a safe and supportive environment for all event participants.
- You will not engage in disruptive speech or behaviour or otherwise interfere with the event or other individuals’ participation in the event.
- You will not engage in any form of harassing, offensive, discriminatory, or threatening speech or behavior, including (but not limited to) relating to race, gender, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or other protected category.
- You will comply with the instructions of the moderator and any event staff.
- You will comply with all applicable laws.
Brunico will not tolerate harassment, sexual harassment or violence against or by any person in attendance at Realscreen Live.
Harassment is defined as:
- engaging in a course of vexatious comment or conduct against an individual that is known or ought reasonably to be known to be unwelcome.
Some examples of harassment include:
- any verbal or electronic comments related to any or all protected grounds as defined by the Ontario Human Rights Code
- deliberate intimidation, stalking or following
- photography or recording of an individual that is non-consensual and unwelcome
- sustained disruption of sessions, talks or other events
- inappropriate physical contact
Sexual Harassment is defined as:
- engaging in a course of vexatious comment or conduct against an individual because of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, where the course of comment or conduct is known or ought reasonably to be known to be unwelcome; or
- making a sexual solicitation or advance where the person making the solicitation or advance is in a position to confer, grant or deny a benefit or advancement to the individual and the person knows or ought reasonably to know that the solicitation or advance is unwelcome.
Some examples of sexual harassment include:
- asking for sex in exchange for a benefit or favor
- repeatedly asking for dates, and not taking “no” for an answer
- demanding hugs
- making unnecessary physical contact, including unwanted touching
- using rude or insulting language or making comments toward other individuals
- calling people gender-specific derogatory names
- making sex-related comments about a person’s physical characteristics or actions
- saying or doing something because you think a person does not conform to gender-role stereotypes
- posting or sharing pornography, sexual pictures or cartoons, sexually explicit graffiti, or other sexual images (including online)
- making sexual jokes
- bragging about sexual prowess
Violence includes, but is not limited to:
- the exercise of (or attempt to exercise) physical force by a person against an individual that causes or could cause injury to the individual (e.g., hitting, shoving, pushing, kicking);
- a statement or behavior that is reasonable for an individual to interpret as a threat;
- any threat, behavior or action which is interpreted to carry the potential to harm or endanger the safety of others, result in an act of aggression, or destroy or damage property.
All session video, images and audio are the intellectual property (the "IP") of Brunico Marketing Inc. ("Brunico").The recording, screen capture or dissemination of the IP is strictly forbidden without the express written consent of Brunico in advance.Any person or business found to be in violation of these rights may have their event registration revoked, and be subject to legal action and/or restrictions in registering for future Brunico events.